5.5 | Sapo, Nü-nü and Mysteries of Amazononia
Through deep research and high-strangeness storytelling, three brothers explore paranormal encounters and unexplained events. Collecting freaky listener stories and scouring the dusty pages of classic Fortean texts, the brothers use high-production sound design to set the scene for alleged real encounters with, Dogman, Poltergeists, Bigfoot, Fairy Folk, Humanoids, UFOs, Shadow People, and Sky Creatures.. just to name a few.
Attempting to parse out the fact within folklore, the brothers of the Hole banter about everything from bizarre historical mysteries to emerging clandestine conspiracy theories, often challenging their own beliefs and sometimes each other’s sanity.
Good humor, good drinks, and good discussion!
Have you ever overheard a co-worker shakily tell his story of a real encounter with a Dogman? Has your friend or weird uncle told you his close encounter with a reptilian humanoid from the sewer? Looking to corroborate your grandma’s true ghost stories? Were you born with a thirst for the mysterious? Well, sit back and pour yourself a big glass from the Belief Hole, my friend, and help us dig the weird!
5:00 | @jordanpeterson, Dennis McKenna - Ethnopharmacology and the McKenna Academy
9:15 | Indigenous Matsés People and the Uncontacted
14:55 | Peter makes contact with Matsés
19:28 | NuNu - Visionary Mystic Snuff
29:40 | Sapo - Super Power of the Hunter
37:38 | Lasting Effects of Sapo/Kambo
41:40 | Expansion Preview | Adventures in Psychometry and Lincoln’s Supernatural Whitehouse
47:50 | How Sapo is collected from the frog
53:30 | How Nü-nü works
54:00 | How Sapo and Nü-nü work together
58:00 | Tapir Trap - Sapo as a Shamanic Tool of Spirit Projection
1:10:04 | Peter Gorman Criticized - Angry Academia
1:13:10 | The Science of Sapo - A potential game-changing medicine!
1:14:30 | Killer Kambo? Controversial Deaths from Sapo
1:20:00 | OUTTAKES!
In the heart of the Peruvian Amazon, along the banks of the Javari River, the jungle pulses with a sacred magic. Skillfully crafted by the indigenous Matsés people, potent concoctions are produced – mysterious ceremonial medicines capable of both healing and premonitory visions. Sapo or Kambo- is burned for cleansing, endurance, and to sharpen the senses. NuNu allows the hunter to see through eyes of the jungle, observe the future, and even project his spirit while he sleeps.
Some in the west warn of the dangers, others praise the life-altering benefits. Join us on this episode of Belief Hole as we explore the mystery and adventure of these controversial, ancient and mystical potions of Amazonia!
For further reading on this, and related strange fascinating topics, order the books below (gives us a small kickback to support the show 😉
- Buen Peru, Loreto region: Meeting the jaguar people of Peru
- Kambo Deaths – How Can We Avoid Them?
- Nestor Bina – I am a true Matsés | VIDEO
- Uncontacted tribes: Matsés
- KAMBÔ: THE FROG POISON RITUAL | TRADITIONAL AMAZON MEDICINE | VIDEO
Fearless & Far
- This Amazonian frog’s toxins have become part of latest cleansing trend
- About Peter Gorman
- Supporting the Matsés People
Acate Amazon Conservation
- We are not to blame for frog toxin therapy death: Kambo couple
- Frog poison investigated as possible cause of woman’s death following Kambo ceremony
- Deforestation impacting pharmaceutical industry
Global Risk Insights
- The Uncontacted Frontier
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO KAMBO
The Third Wave
- Shamans Magic Dream – Pfizer
Pfizer Clinical Trials
- Pharmacological studies of ‘sapo’ from the frog Phyllomedusa bicolor skin: a drug used by the Peruvian Matses Indians in shamanic hunting practices
- Survey of entity encounter experiences occasioned by inhaled N,N-dimethyltryptamine: Phenomenology, interpretation, and enduring effects.
- We Tried Kambo, the Frog Poison Cleanse, and Aged 50 Years
World of Playboy
Well hello hello.
Click here to leave us a voice message or use the form below to send your warm wishes, conspiracy theories, or topics you'd like to hear covered in an upcoming podcast.
Share Your Story!
See a Spirit? Run from Bigfoot? High-five a Dogman?
We want to hear it!
You can record it, write it down, either way..
Have a book you want us to review, or wish-granting monkey paw, or a creepy picture your kid drew of the Belief Hole? Send it to us in the physical world at the address below!
PO Box 427
Clinton, OH 44216